Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Touched by The Dead Sea

Last week I had the unique experience of touching water from the Dead Sea. And I didn't even have to leave the country to do it.

A co-worker managed to smuggle out an Israeli water bottle full of Dead Sea water a few years ago and asked if I would be interested in seeing it.

"Of course!"

We went to his truck and he showed me the water bottle. The first thing I thought was, 'Why did you have to freeze the water? There's ice in the bottle.' Then I noticed that the 'ice' was at the bottom of the bottle not at the top. Some of the salt in the water had crystallized. Holding it up to the sunlight, mini opaque slivers could be seen floating in the water. When opened, the water had a murky smell. I can't imagine anyone getting confused and actually drinking this water. I poured a few drops of the water onto the meaty part of my right palm. I could immediately tell it was unlike any water I had ever felt before. I'm not sure how to describe the sensation, but I think the closest word would be 'velvety'. The sensation lasted quite a while - over an hour. Even in the finger that rubbed my palm.

It was pretty cool.

McDoogle

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Becky!

    I was worried that this would only be of interest to me.

    So thank you for the comment!

    McDoogle

    ReplyDelete

Comment form?